Chris Rock is a good interviewer. He chooses well who he wants to talk to and gets them to say what he needs to know, and he treats everyone with respect. Yet you know he wants to be funny and sometimes he is. Good Hair is about African American women’s desire to have straight hair. He finds the mogul who controls the “relaxer” industry, he has one brief moment with the inventor of “Jeri curl”, Al Sharpton chimes in on his experience with James Brown and how they got the look together. Other subjects he chose are Nia Long who is a pleasure to watch and listen to, and all of the competitors at the Bonner Hair Show in Detroit where there is a style contest whose rules.
- Three Billboads Outside Ebbing Missouri. Written and directed by Martin McDonagh. (2017)
- Phantom Thread. Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. 2017.
- The Post, directed by Steven Spielberg. 2017.
- A Matter of Life and Death, directed by Michael Powell and Emric Pressburger. 1946.
- Lady Bird. Directed by Greta Gerwig. 2017.
Pinkspen on Hidden Figures lizagyllenhaal on Hidden Figures Patricia Markert on LaLa Land Mary Markert on LaLa Land Patricia Markert on LaLa Land
- Follow Devoted to Movies on WordPress.com