photo by Genaro Molina / Los Angeles Times
In the documentary of her last year leading up to her victory on Celebrity Apprentice, which signalled a bit of a resurgence in her career as a comedian, Joan Rivers shows her floor to ceiling card catalog of jokes. As a librarian, I loved the fact that the jokes were in alphabetical order. Cooking jokes were just before Tony Danza jokes. Does she write all her own material? She seems to in this film. Some of the jokes are very very funny. The movie does not lionize her in all her difficulties, but it does document how terribly hard she works. And how personally she takes slights. And how sad she is when her long time manager and she break off their business relationship.
- Isle of Dogs (directed by Wes Anderson). 2018.
- Leaning into the Wind: Andy Goldsworthy. Directed by Thomas Riedelsheimer. 2017.
- The Shape of Water (2017), directed by Guillermo del Toro.
- Black Panther (Directed by Ryan Coogler), 2018.
- Three Billboads Outside Ebbing Missouri. Written and directed by Martin McDonagh. (2017)
Mary on Beauty and the Beast (dir. Con… Pinkspen on Hidden Figures lizagyllenhaal on Hidden Figures Patricia Markert on LaLa Land Mary Markert on LaLa Land
- Follow Devoted to Movies on WordPress.com